Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Featured Article: Bittersweet Goodbye

Bittersweet Goodbye
By Jenni B.

So, this is goodbye, my final article as your Coordinator. It is extremely bittersweet.

MOPS has been a part of my life in some way from since my oldest was 3 years old. That's almost 9 years now. I never thought I would love MOPS as much as I do. In fact, I almost didn't return to the second meeting. I didn't think MOPS was for me. Yet I stayed.....and kept going back.

Something drew me to MOPS. Was it the atmosphere? Was it the wonderful smell of coffee brewing? Was it the gentle caring nature of the MOPPETS workers? Was it the compassionate leadership? Was it the other moms who were in the same boat as me?

Was it God leading?


Whatever it was, I'm so glad for it. I am, and always will be, very fond of Indian Creek MOPS - morning group and MOPS International. It is an awesome task they take on; MOPS International....equipping, empowering, and encouraging women to be the best mom and leader sh can be in the name of Jesus Christ! MOPS is an amazing organization and I'm so proud to have been a part of it as long as I have. 

By leading MOPS, God changed me in so many ways. I never before had felt the pull and hart break and responsibility for women's / mother's souls that I did leading this group. I have become a better leader, a better sister in Christ, a better prayer warrior and a better friend because of this group. And for that I am eternally grateful. 

Bunt now it's time to move on...to pass the torch. God is leading me on to other things. I am returning to part time work (actually the same Fire Department job I left in 2003 to be a stay at home mom!); I am also diving into Bible Studies and also applied to become a filed leader with MOPS International. So, when you attend the MOPS convention in October, come find me!

The best way I know to express how I feel is through the words of Fred Rogers. In his book Life's Journey According to Mister Rogers: Things to remember Along the Way, he wrote "All I can say is, it's worth the struggle to discover who you really are and how you, in your own way, can put life together as something that means a lot to you. It's a miracle when you finally discover whom you're best equipped to serve - and we're all equipped to serve in some way." 

I have loved serving you, your children, and your families. I hope that I've challenged you to discover how you can best serve your own MOPS group, your families and community. Be the best "YOU" you can. You are enough. You are needed. You are capable. I promise.

Originally published in the May 2013 Indian Creek MOPS Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment