Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Featured Article: "Savior Please"

"Savior Please"
By Jenni B.

During this Fall break I've enjoyed spending time with my family, attempting to savor every moment and lock it away in my internal picture file. But unfortunately since it's been extremely cold and snowy which means limited energy burning sessions outside, the kids are getting a bad case of cabin fever.

I finally had reached my last straw and my cup was on empty. As I was standing there I heard a song on the radio. And at that moment, I lost it. Standing in my kitchen bawling my eyes out. Those lyrics that touched me so I'd like to share with you. The song is by Josh Wilson called "Savior Please". 

"Savior, please take my hand. 
I work so hard, I live so fast. 
This life begins, then it ends. 
And then I do the best that I can,
but I don't know how long I'll last.
I try to be so tough,
but I'm just not strong enough.
I can't do this alone,
god I need you to hold on to me.
I try to be good enough,
but I'm nothing without your love.
Savior, please keep saving me.
Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast.
Will you begin right where I end?
And be the God of all I am because you're all I have.
Hallelujah! Everything you are to me is everything I'll ever need.
And I am learning to believe
'casue you're the one who's saving me"

Isn't this the ultimate "mom song"? As a mom, I try to be everything to everyone and do everything I can for the. Sometimes I push myself so hard so fast that I am left with nothing. This song reminds me that no matter how depleted , stressed out or unappreciated I may feel, our Savior never shifts.

Originally published in the October 2012 Indian Creek MOPS newsletter.


No comments:

Post a Comment