Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Dodge City Distillery

The coordinators have decided to start a new blog series.  We will be reviewing
products, restaurants, books, movies, or anything else that strikes our fancy.


This time we will be reviewing the restaurant The Dodge City Distillery.  They have one location in Olathe.







Jenni's Humble Opinion:

Dodge City Distillery has been in town probably for at least 6 months and we have not tried it yet. Maybe part of me was in denial as the restaurant took the place of a favorite Mexican restaurant.

Service: Let me just begin by saying as soon as we stepped into the building we were not sure whether we were supposed to seat ourselves or wait to be seated. There was no sign and no one around. We waited for a few minutes then were greeted by a younger man in which I assumed was the manager. We were seated and the waiter approached us quickly. We ordered our beers (which should be noted that later on the waiter rushed over and asked if we wanted another beer before the $1 bottle special was over...he never mentioned this to us when we sat down we just happened to order bottled beer.) I don't know if it was the waiter's first night, but he was really quiet; it was hard to hear him. Several times 'S' and I would just look at each other hoping the other understood what he was saying. He was attentive though and did take great care of us.

Atmosphere: The building is really cool. It has comfortable, high back booths that create an intimate atmosphere. Or, if you are 'S' and me a place in which we can talk and not worry about people around us hearing. lol Our conversations can get scary sometimes, and our giggles can get out of control...

Cleanliness: Really clean. I did not visit the ladies room so I cannot comment on that. But the restaurant was clean; nothing on the floor, dirty dishes disappeared quickly...


Food: The food was tasty. I had the Whiskey Burger and fries. Let me say the hamburger was HUGE. After cutting it in half, and trying to 'squoosh' it down it still was way too big! I debated on eating it with a fork and knife, but decided I didn't want to embarrass my friend. ha. Fries were very good. I ended up taking half the meal home to hubby and when I asked him what he thought of it he replied, 'It was good'. There is your in depth review.
 


Drink: I had bottled beer and it came to the table extremely cold. Yum.

Price: I would say everything on the menu was reasonably priced. I haven't seen any coupons from this restaurant, but with the prices you wouldn't need them.

Overall: The Dodge City Distillery is a nice place for date night, girls night out, or family dinner. From where we were sitting we could see a private room in the back near the kitchen. I would eat here again, but probably not so much as to ever order take out.



Sarah’s humble opinion:

Even though this restaurant is literally within walking distance of my house I have never tried it.  Luckily, my fellow coordinator is always up for trying something new.

Service: My first impression of the restaurant wasn’t great because we walked in and there was no one at the host station.  I think the host called in sick because what seemed to be the manager rushed over to seat us as soon as he noticed us.  He was not very personable.  Our waiter was polite and checked on us in a timely manner but was a bit quiet.  The food was brought out quickly after we ordered and he checked on us several times to make sure we did not need drink refills.  My only complaint is that the waiter did not tell us about their daily drink specials before we ordered.

Atmosphere:  The restaurant was decorated with brick and barrels in a distillery theme.  There was a strange layout to the restaurant but overall it made for a more private and intimate feeling as we were in a booth and were not seated next to any other patrons.

Cleanliness:  The tables and floor were all clean. I visited the bathroom and it seemed like it had been recently cleaned.  The waiter made sure to pick up our dirty dishes in a prompt manner.  Overall the cleanliness of the restaurant met my standards.

Food:  I ordered a French Dip Sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes.  My food was tasty and I enjoyed it.  I didn’t think it was the best I have ever had but I liked that the sandwich came with horseradish and they even asked if I would prefer it on the side.  There were several choices for sides, giving patrons a choice outside of the typical fries.  The menu is rather small but has the basic bar food as well as steaks and ribs.  






Drink:  They had a large selection of beer on tap and in bottles.  Luckily for us it was “dollar hollar” night so we got bottles of beer for only $1 a piece.  We did not find this out, however, until after we had ordered our drinks.

Price:  While the drinks were a great deal, my sandwich was $12.00 which is not outrageous but also not cheap either.  The sandwiches were priced between $9-12, ribs were $17 and a prime rib dinner was $24.  They do have daily specials and finding out what they are and taking advantage of them would probably be the most affordable option.

Overall:  The food was good and the service was decent.  I am not sure I am going to be “craving” this place any time soon but it was not a bad place to go.  I think if you were able to take advantage of the appetizer and drink specials it would be a fun place to go and hang out with a group of friends without spending too much money. 
They seem to have some great weeknight deals so you may want to check the website or ask the waiter before you order. I will most likely visit this restaurant again.






If you have an idea for a review please email us at indiancreekmops@gmail.com.
We would love your input!




No comments:

Post a Comment